AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two YouTube History Channels: World War 2 Mostly: One With Shorter Segments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Curious
Posted 4/3/2020 05:20 (#8159956)
Subject: Two YouTube History Channels: World War 2 Mostly: One With Shorter Segments

NW IA
"Mark Felton Productions" features video compilations from WW2 with narration that are mostly around 10 minutes duration. I would suggest an episode but you should browse the playlist and try a topic that interests you.
For example, I found "The Devils Own: Lawyers Secret D-Day Mission" to be a good example of history I had never been aware of. And inside this episode there is a good lesson on how much can tragically go wrong in the confusion of combat. 10 minutes.

"War Stories With Mark Felton" feature narrated books. For example a recent series is "Sandakan: March to Oblivion" The story of 3000 prisoners of war on Borneo and the resistance efforts organised by a young Australian officer. There are 3 > < 30 minute installments. I haven't checked this out this yet, if I understand this channel correctly it is books read by the author in serial form without video.

Mr. Felton has 500K subscribers. Maybe he is old news here, but a search brought up nothing on newagtalk.

He has an article on Wikipedia and one of his books has it's own article, "Zero Night: The untold story of the second World War's most daring great escape."

Please take a look and if someone sees value in this help me out by adding a link.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)