AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two YouTube History Channels: World War 2 Mostly: One With Shorter Segments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 4/3/2020 12:42 (#8161133 - in reply to #8159956)
Subject: World War II History Roundtable

Faunsdale, AL
WW2 history round table is a long format with many presentations on you tube from over 30 years of programs.

The usual format is to invite some author who has a new book on some battle or other aspect of the war to come speak. That’s followed by a q&a session with some WW2 veterans and the moderator. The audience usually asks the speaker and veterans questions as well.

Last night I watched one about the defense of the St Vith area during the battle of the bulge. Pretty amazing how the scattered units in the area coalesced into an effective delaying force to prevent the German breakout into open country. I think I’ve learned that the seige of Bastogne and it’s relief by elements of Patton’s army is famous for good reason but was essentially a sideshow to the main German thrust north of there to breakout and swing toward Antwerp.

The battle of the bulge is a common topic of the lecture series and I’ve learned a lot more than the superficial treatment the battle gets in a Series like Ken Burns PBS WW2 series THE WAR.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)