AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for International K/KB truck owners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 3/29/2020 20:35 (#8150276 - in reply to #8150215)
Subject: RE: Question for International K/KB truck owners

You did not say what year but I have BTDT on a 49 KB5.
Pull the drive axle shaft and the inner lock nuts to remove the hub. Wile you are doing this, pray that the wheel seals are good because you will NEVER find replacement seals for it. Unlike modern differentials, the rear wheel bearings are packed in grease and there is a felt seal in the axle shaft flange that seals the grease from the differential oil. The hub seals are also a felt design and non existent.
All of the above, I have been through. The only way I was able to fix the one I was working on was to find a modern seal to fit the spindle and have sizing rings custom made to fit the hub. At this point, it allowed the differential lube to lube the wheel bearings as well.
I am willing to bet setting that long, your wheel cylinders are pitted bad enough that they will never not leak. On the KB5 I was able to find repop cylinders for the rear online which were a unique design that used a thumb on the cylinder and area brake shop had newer units that bolted in place and worked great.
It can all be rebuilt and I hope yours is more common than the kb5 I did for a customer.
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)