AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom Farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nw_bearcat
Posted 3/29/2020 08:44 (#8148099 - in reply to #8147694)
Subject: RE: Custom Farming

Top middle of MO. land of green hills and grass
That’s what I was wondering if that might work.

One slight wrinkle that I’m trying to also think through is I do all my own spraying, and don’t source materials at the nearest retail store.

I’m not sure yet about my liability coverage of spraying for someone else, so until we sort that out, local retailer will likely get the sprayer work, which will impact his budget some.

Personally I feel like owning my own sprayer has been one of the most profitable things I have done.

He’s all in, I’m actually the cautious one, of trying to navigate spending someone else’s money to put in a crop with a variable potential return. On the other hand, this is something I have been looking for as I’d like to swap into a less worrisome combine, and more acres would justify that expense better than “just because”. We pretty much have the capacity in all other aspects of the operation to handle this, harvest just becomes a bottleneck with current day job, and help.

Once we get some things firmed up, need to get to reading on those 6620/7720/9400/9500/1660/1666/R52/R62 threads. My F3 has been good, but I just don’t have enough vacation days to spend at the pace it can maintain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)