AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building spray program for the season
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 3/28/2020 21:33 (#8147438 - in reply to #8147295)
Subject: RE: Building spray program for the season

CIL
First a location would help a lot. In your shoes, I’d talk to some neighbors who do a good job spraying their own. Most will likely share what their program is and why they use it. Some wholesalers that cover your area likely would also have some programs in their back pocket to get you started.

Local extension or university could also have some pointers. Iowa’s guide that another user posted is an excellent resource. I’d also recommend a refresher with a mode of action chart. It’s a good reminder that while there seems like an overwhelming amount of herbicides names and premixes...many are very similar.

I like to make sure I look at the total rotation of herbicides in our overall plan. Try to keep some unique modes of action in each crop, only overlap if there’s no other good choice and make sure to use multiple modes each trip if possible. Be mindful of carryover concerns.

Things I’ve learned over the years.
Generics are usually just as good as name brand
There is no good substitute for dry ams when it is called for
Water is cheap. 10 gpa for bare soil. 12 to 15 gpa for most contact herbicides. 20 gpa for Liberty.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 52689_5_TA_HerbClassPoster_2016_Master_LR.pdf (518KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)