AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Virus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

greenfarmer
Posted 3/28/2020 14:55 (#8146452 - in reply to #8146379)
Subject: RE: Virus

Central Minnesota
I know this is a pipe dream here, but.....

It sure would be nice if this whole thing turns out to be a reality check for not only us on this forum, but for the world. To see what/who are essential to our lives, and to survive.

So many people and industries in this world are "essential". But also the same ones who are treated like a plague at times, by a lot of people, and a lot of industries. But, when the world goes to hell in a handbasket, then these "essential" people are somewhat noticed.

Maybe some will start to realize that even though sports are a nice past time to watch, or participate in, the athletes aren't above anyone else. Actors, athletes, politicians, all seem to get tested without even showing symptoms. There's hoards of them that have been. But yet, the truck driver that's delivering groceries to the store, could be in his truck, sick, maybe showing some symptoms, but not all. Still can't get tested. Can't get a nice meal in a truckstop, or anything else. But still has to stay out there working because he has mouths at home to feed. Is finally "essential" to others.

The dairy farmer, who is out there 365/yr, milking for peanuts, or at best to have a year where he might get close to breaking even. But still out there, supplying dairy products to how many people? Is finally "essential" to others.

The nurse at the hospital, the aide at the nursing home, the stocker at the grocery store, or checkout person, coming into contact with how many people everyday? Are now all "essential" to others.

But yet, the athletes and actors get tested first, because they are "essential"? Also make an unfathomed amount of money vs all of the people who are finally labeled "essential".

The world makes a huge deal about Kobe's death. But, does anyone in the world care about the massive amounts of family owned dairy farms that have been struggling?

I'll tell you one thing, I get flat out PO'd if there isn't enough cheese or ice cream in the house. But I could care less about watching a basketball game. Especially between a bunch of overpaid cry babies. So who really is "essential" and should be paid as "essential"??? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching a football game, or baseball game. But it sure doesn't effect my day to day activities, or lifestyle since all sports have come to a halt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)