AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Dog
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

golfnut
Posted 3/29/2020 08:19 (#8148038 - in reply to #8147805)
Subject: RE: Farm Dog

Central Nebraska

rogerv - 3/29/2020 06:44

What kind of fence did you buy golfnut ?

I'm running a Sport Dog fence.  I choose it because it was one of the more powerful models.  I cover about 7 acres and don't have to jack the transmit power all the way up to maintain a good signal.  I also used heavy duty wire that is normally used for Valley pivot corner system guidance. When I installed it I used lawn staples and just secured it to the ground.  We mow over it occasionally but 90% of the wire is under grass and not visible.  It seems it gets hit the same few places all the time!  I keep an extra collar on hand because the dogs are hard on them and I usually replace on per year.  I replace the collar batteries about every 6 months.  The dogs don't really test the system any more.  My yard had a dog track around it where they patrol but don't trigger the collars.

This is the fourth system I've used over my lifetime.  Two were Petsafe wired models and they worked fine and the other was a petsafe wireless model.  It would be sufficient for a small residential yard but not a farm.  I didn't like the collar either as it had to be charged every few days. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)