AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Dog
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fortunateman
Posted 3/28/2020 08:13 (#8145237)
Subject: Farm Dog

SW MN
I had a german shorthair for about 7 years we got him the summer before my first son was born . He was a great dog good with kids but he was a hunter. We had our fair share of trips to the vet to get sowed up. He would follow me in the tractor or combine to farms that were all within a quarter mile looking for something to hunt and on occasion come along in the combine at night when he was tired from running all day. He would take out coons and wood chucks protecting this farm site. Always there when I walked in the shop in the morning with a happy face. So just about a year ago come April we got another female shorthair. Thats when the problems really started all of a sudden we were running three four miles away now it was getting a little crazy picked them up from the local pound a few times. Fast forward to a few days ago when the sheriff showed up turns out they killed a wild cat going across a field a mile or two from my place. Male came home 5 min before the sheriff I had just put him in the shop. Get a phone call a hour later that a lady has the female turns out the were going after cats at another place and wrecked a door so I went to pick her up and looked at the door . The lady was pretty nice about it no big deal just fix the door. I made the hardest decision of my life in hast maybe and had to have them put down I couldnt risk the two of them raising anymore trouble. I knew it would be a hard pill to swallow but I am not sure if its the whole farm economy and Covid 19 that makes it especially hard.. I guess in a world of so much uncertainty maybe getting rid of him was not the best move. The place just doesnt seem the same I dont feel the same .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)