AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New experience for me ----WOW !
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MarlandS
Posted 3/21/2009 01:30 (#651341 - in reply to #651246)
Subject: Re: New experience for me ----WOW !

Ellsworth IL
Oh no doubt about concern and worry. But how many boxes are people stockpiling would be another question. Did Alliant slow down knowing it was going to be a non-issue in the end and how many cases of each do they have warehoused to think their normal crew could satisfy orders ? Is there going to be a lack of buyers next year from those who bought extra this year just in case?

Another question would be does Walmart only get so many cases of each caliber a year in and then not order any more to keep supplies fresh and they aren't going to deviate much from there business plan? I can usually deplete my local store's supply of certain calibers or guages when I decide to do some shooting on a weekend.

All I'm saying is, it's hard to guage the situation based on what a manufacturer of hunting ammo is doing with their temporary help hired to catch up on orders. As far as we know they may not want to be too far ahead on inventory incase some legislation passes requiring serialization of each round. OR they may have some newer high speed equipment being installed. We just don't know because there isn't a trend yet.

Besides, those people panic buying right now make it cheaper in the long run for those of us who keep a better inventory at home than the local Walmart.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)