AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What should I consider my BP to be?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/22/2020 15:01 (#8129173 - in reply to #8129074)
Subject: RE: What should I consider my BP to be?

Pittsburg, Kansas

First the disclaimer. I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice.

This is just my opinion on what I think I have learned.

I am about where you are pressure wise. 120/80 is supposedly "normal". I can now get that low (no longer on 2 BP medications after losing weight) but other times I will be up a little higher.

From what I have learned concerning the side effects of BP medicine is for an older person particularly, anything under about 140-150 over 70-80 is about the cutoff where the benefits outweigh the downsides and side effects of BP medicine. In other words if it consistently at rest is over that area the BP medicine might have benefits. If below that the benefits may not outweigh the side effects.

Another thing I learned recently is that in trials the BP medicine DID lower the blood pressure modestly but...... it also raised the heart rate beats per minute.......negating much of the healt benefit of lowering the pressure. In other words the BP medicine lowered the pressure but the body compensated by increasing the heart rate. So maybe the body might know something we don't know about blood pressure? Like maybe we NEED that pressure for our existing physiological makeup to supply the body correctly?

I will tell you one thing from personal experience. On BP medicine when I was over weight, I always had trouble with my arms going to sleep at night. If I rested them on my chest or kept them any way above my heart they would go to sleep, waking me up multiple times a night. When I got off the BP medicine (but also had lost a lot of weight so that also could be a factor) my arms quit going to sleep at night. Even though my BP is better now than it was when heavier and on the BP medicine.

Getting enough sunlight also reduces BP more than BP medicine. One of the doctors I followed stated the study that bore that out.

Like I said, not a doctor. Just what I think I have learned through my research that has application to my needs and no one else. Do your own due diligence.

I have gotten Sooo much more healthy since getting on a better food regimen.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)