AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

agleader switchbox
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/22/2020 13:58 (#8128959 - in reply to #8128809)
Subject: RE: agleader switchbox

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
hydecks - 3/22/2020 13:08

i got a newer style switch box that doesn't use the auxilary input module, I think. But I don't see how to plug it into an Integra with an Ontrac 3. Where does the 12 pin brown connector go? I think I may still be short some harnesses. Display cable is 4002506 and implement cable is 4001979

Later edit: The above picture with both the Auxiliary Input Module and your newer style switch box should be useful in following my lengthy discussion below.

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) the brown connector does not need to be connected in most installations. It is available for certain situations such as a Jump Start switch for hydraulic drive on a planter. The brown connector is not related to steering.

Here's more information than you might want to know:

Originally Ag Leader required using their Auxiliary Input Module which is the black module above that could use their dumb 10 boom switch box, a single toggle switch for situations such as a spinner truck that only had one section, a wiring stub with a small circuit board that could be connected to OEM switches and possibly others. Some adventurous types such as myself even made homemade switch boxes which require a bit of trickery to work properly. These switch boxes usually used the Green and sometimes the Brown connectors on the Auxiliary Input Module. I made one that has a Master and 4 section switches since it fit my planter and sprayer at the time. It only needed to use the green connector. The brown connector on the module has nothing connected.

This module is connected to the CAN bus like any other module. It does not require a High Current power/ground like many modules as it only connects to switches that act as inputs. Since this module doesn't do any work in the sense of running valves etc, it can live off the power/ground from the CAN connection.

Later, Ag Leader decided to put the circuitry that is inside the Auxiliary Input Module inside the 10 boom switchbox enclosure. See the picture above. Both styles are still available and can work fine. In many installs having the circuitry inside the switch box improved the cab clutter situation. The Auxiliary Input Module is a better fit in other situations such as a single section spinner truck where the extra switches are OK but unnecessary. An Auxiliary Input module under the seat with a single toggle switch makes for a cleaner install. This SC110 has the Ag Leader CAN connector on it to get the switch status for switches F1-F11 into the system For many situations that is all that is needed. The other connectors that correspond to the similar one on the Auxiliary Input Module are available but often not used.

Plug the round CAN connector into the Can bus with a Tee. You can and probably should go to diagnostics for the Auxiliary Input module. It must be plugged into the CAN bus to do this. To view this, touch the icons in the upper right corner of the 1200 screen. Then touch Diagnostics. You should see a chart with Auxiliary Input module. Select it. The next screen should have boxes for the various possible switches. Yours should show F1-F11 as green or black. Since E1-E4 are on the brown connector which likely has nothing plugged in to it, they will likely be Gray. Green means a switch is present and ON, Black means a switch is present but OFF. Flipping the various switches on the switch box should cause the colors to change. I suggest you play with the switches to verify this. This practice might be helpful in the future if a problem arises.

The Auxiliary Input Module and dumb switch box OR the smart switch box with the circuitry built in are equivalent. The configurations etc. are setup the same. Personally I use my old homemade switch box and Auxiliary Input Module in my spray tractor and use the Smart switch box in the planter tractor. If my spray switch box setup should fail I could move the smart switch box over from the planting tractor and it should work just fine without any changes.

Hope this helps. You may be missing some wiring for powering the Ontrac 3 but it isn't involved with the brown connector.

Edited by tedbear 3/24/2020 09:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)