AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So I'm the guy,..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/20/2020 22:55 (#8124294)
Subject: So I'm the guy,..........

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
So I'm the guy ntex talked about emailing him this morning about the funding the CCC. I was pissed last night when I read the letter NCBA sent to D.C. to ask for money. I was ready to call Ethan Lane on his cell this morning and raise hell as I don't think the majority of cattlemen are for a bailout package. I thank ntex for getting me to look at the picture as I feel too if we go knocking on D.C. and the pack right at this moment it will look as we are trying to gouge the public. We all know that's not the truth, but there is a time and place for this discussion. My local NCBA people got my point of view this morning, however because I'm not been a member for a long time I can't do much bitching about lobbying. Let's not throw Checkoff in this discussion. That's a totally different subject and monies. However the local NCBA supporters in my neck of the woods here agree with me and the people here on AgTalk. It's got to change. So while I was in town I checked my phone and looked at an email from the Idaho Cattlemen.

It made me feel better that they didn't agree with the letter from NCBA. I will put a link to that letter here for you read. Now is the time to get state organizations in line to present the facts of the packer B.S. going on. It will be time to defund state cattlemen's if they go against the will of the majority cattlemen, let your dollars be heard. Now remember it's not Checkoff dollars it's your state dues and NCBA membership that does the lobbying.

Right now this whole country is screwed up. Here in Utah we had a major earthquake Wednesday on the Wasatch Front. Well that put the scare right back into the sheeple to start hoarding again. I spent that day on the road down into 8670's neck of the woods. Long old drive down there and back that day. I tell you the drive was worth it! That Capitol Reef National Park is God's country and 8670 gets to live and cowboy down there. I made sure I stopped and B.S. a few minutes and shook hands to spread the Corona around.

Yesterday I tested bulls and got the bad news of a trailer load of bulls had problems. So it's on the road tomorrow to buy more. That wasn't figured into the operating plan for this time of the year. We thought we were long on bulls, Vet informed me differently. I called a bull seller that is having his yearly sale tomorrow, he got displaced from the sale ring they have always used in town at Fairgrounds because of the Corona. I stopped by his place tonight to look at his offerings, his neighbors had all come together to help him put a sale ring together at his place in a hay barn at short notice, it will be a outside sale. I gotta hand it to each and every person in the livestock industry, we just want a fair shake, to do business the old fashioned way with a handshake.

That's what I loved about doing business with 8670's neighbors down the road from him. We talked on the phone and cut a deal a week ago, it was all honored with a handshake. We need to remember who the customers of our product is, some of them aren't the sharpest pencils in the box. I got a email from local school superintendent that now they are offering parenting tips because these parents have been locked up with their own kids for a week and they are going crazy! Really they can breed them but can't raise them! Do you think we can turn PETA on them for child abuse? They arrested a gal in Utah for beating on her husband because she couldn't stand her own kids being home this week!

Federal government is screwed up I was told tonight their federal milk inspectors were not to working because of the Corona, but ok for state inspectors to be working, really who's the bright light bulb in D.C. that made that call? Food security should be top priority right now. So I'll leave a pic outside the town I left looking at bulls tonight, I had to stop and take a pic of it. I gave me hope that we can change things, it will take some time, I never it will never be perfect because our products are traded on the Mercantile. That in itself it's doomed from the start, however maybe some changes can be made.
http://hosted.vresp.com/1283595/1871450053/TEST/TEST/

(20200320_183446 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20200320_183446 (full).jpg (139KB - 173 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)