AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So I'm the guy,..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 3/21/2020 11:18 (#8125449 - in reply to #8125256)
Subject: RE: So I'm the guy,..........

SE Manitoba
2hcattle - 3/21/2020 10:05

What scares me most is they don’t think of themselves as thieves.

They truly believe what they are doing is best for all producers. Their livelihoods have come to depend on the position they have taken. Very few people are willing to admit their livelihood is a detriment to others.

How do we convince NCBA officials that they have become the thing that they were supposed to be protecting others from? Name calling and teeth nashing doesn’t seem to be working. On the other hand, calm discussion seems to be dismissed out of hand.

Your question reminds me of the story about the 'Missouri' guy (I heard this one likely over 40 years ago so its not my fault - - - OK?) who bought a mule form his 'friend'.

He was told that all he would need to do is speak the command(s) into the mule's ear and then the mule would do whatever he was told.
It was demonstrated at sale time and it worked.

A few weeks later the buyer ran into the sellor in town and after pleasantries declared that he had been taken " that ther darn mule won't do nuthin' ".
Sellor agrees that he will follow along to the buyers place to see what was happening.
Mule was harness and the the buyer whispered into the mule's ear - - - - - and - - - - - - the mule just stood there occasionally twitching his ears.
Sellor says - - - - - I'll fix that. Sellor picks up a chunk of 4 x 4 that was somewhat handy and pastes the mule one across the head so that the mule's legs collapse.
The mule shakes his head a couple/few times and then gets up.
The sellor whispers the command in the mule's ear and the mule promptly does as he was told.
The sellor says to the buyer - - - - see - - - - "just gotta get his attenshun" .

Moral of the story is - - - - - sometimes the mule needs a real serious whack across the noggin to get his attention.

I think that the hogs in the checkoff trough are so hard of hearing and quite short on the attention span.

Perhaps a serious thwack across the forehead would get their attention as well?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)