AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Third leading cause of death in the US
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/19/2020 13:44 (#8119357 - in reply to #8119324)
Subject: Blood pressure

Pittsburg, Kansas

Just listening to Dr Makcolm Kendrick.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iikmSfbQJY

Says sunlight will reduce blood pressure more than blood pressure pills. Get out in the sun.

I had not checked my blood pressure for three months while down south. Been checking it the last few nights and this morning. Three months ago (off of all BP medications) it was "ok" or in other words at about the level where the side effects become equal with the benefits (about 140/80) for my age. After three months of sunshine, losing another 5 pounds, exercising daily with diving, by blood pressure over several readings is down around what it considered "normal" at 120/70. My heart rate is always low (which also is related to BP) at 45-50 at rest. One thing pointed out in research is that when BP medicines lower BP they often increase the heart rate, which can be just as bad. In other words when the pill artificially lowers the pressure, the body reacts and ups the heart rate to make up for it. Pretty amazing.........the body actually knows what it is doing.

John

Edited by John Burns 3/19/2020 13:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)