AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Third leading cause of death in the US
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 3/19/2020 13:32 (#8119324 - in reply to #8118700)
Subject: RE: Third leading cause of death in the US

Texas
John Burns - 3/19/2020 09:59

I agree with you that lots of people want a pill to fix their ills.

Part of that I think is we have been led to believe that there are pills to fix every ill. Just watch the television for a while (I hardly ever do). Ad after ad promoting pills to fix everything under the sun. I think it has been ingrained into our heads that if we have a problem, the pill companies have something to help us.

John

Yep, for far too long people have been trained and sorted just like cattle in corrals. I can’t say if it starts in textbooks or school corriculum. But it most definitely has been a stronghold in the medical community. It’s not that I distrust all doctors. But have been one of those who has experienced the pill pushing by doctors all too quick to do so without any proof it’s needed.

For example, like so many, I get nervous going to hospitals and clinics. My pulse and BP go up. This has usually been referred to as, “white coat hypertension”. My situation is most likely related to what was experienced in a hospital at a very young age while I was there for a broken arm. I have known of several people who have experience nervousness as I do. More than one dr has immediately tried to prescribe me blood pressure pills. When my BP is taken at home, it’s normal. I’ve seen what has happened to people who didn’t need BP pills and they were prescribed them anyway. After being on them they were usually chilled even when the weather is warm. Their health generally declined within a year or two. And yet, it seems if you tell most drs that your BP is up due to being anxious, they just ignore it and go write ahead with writing a prescription. That’s the general attitude and behavior I’ve seen over and over.

To satisfy my former Dr I did a two week daily log of my BP at home. BP was normal as usual. He closed his practice after Obama care came into existence.

Edited by Pigpiggy 3/19/2020 13:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)