AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Conservation Cop!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

conservation cop
Posted 3/18/2009 19:27 (#648660 - in reply to #648495)
Subject: RE:The NOSE update

Gettysburg, PA

Sorry for the delay in getting back to all.  I was way, way too under the weather to reply before yesterday and then I was way, way behind the 8 ball to have to the time.  Status: the plastic stints came out Tuesday morning (the 17th).  I liken it to child birth in that I can't believe something that big came out of such a small hole!!  The stints were way bigger and wider than I ever imagined.  The experience was not pleasant.  Last Friday I had the pleasure of pulling the packing out.  The Dr. gave my wife the instructions on how to do it and she almost passed out just hearing about it.  The nurse came in and told me I needed to find someone else to pull the packing, but, I just did it myself.  To say that it was unpleasant is an understatement!  The pain and discomfort was almost unbearable.  I did take Vicadon for 2 days, but, I hate taking medicine and I didn't like how it made my head feel.  The pain lessened but the discomfort from the pressure and not being able to breath through my nose about did me in.  I was so ready to get the plastic stints out!  I now have some drainage still and I can't/am not supposed to blow my nose yet so that is annoying, but, tolerable.  Was it worth it?  I think so although I can't say I would go through it again.  By far the worse I have ever felt, although, I have been lucky not to have too many health issues 'cept knee surgery on both knees.  But, obviously the worst is over and I'm looking forward to restful, snorefree sleep and less sinus issues.  I thank you all for there comments and concern!

Brian

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)