AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Profitability Spreadsheet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KansasLane
Posted 3/9/2020 20:10 (#8092618)
Subject: Crop Profitability Spreadsheet

Leoti, Kansas
Hey everyone,
So I want to make a spreadsheet that could show which crop would be more profitable for me to grow (at such and such price, or such and such yield). I'm having a hard time deciding what the best way to do this is, as I want to have a tool that I can use year after year. I already have a cost of production breakdown on my spreadsheet, and I'm thinking I could then tie this into various price and bushel ranges. I want to be able to see a trend line through various prices and bushel ranges using conditional formatting to see where my profitability in one crop may outweigh another. I am comparing dryland corn and milo, but this could easily be altered (in my mind at least) to accommodate different crops just by editing cost of production. Also, I'm thinking once I have this down, I'd like to plug in different rental/ownership scenarios into cost of production to see which is more profitable for me in different ways. For example, would milo produced at $2.5/bu at 110 bushel sold at $3.3/bu be more profitable for me to grow on rented acres versus 95 bushel corn produced at $3.3/bushel sold at $4?
Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone and heck maybe I'm overthinking this and I should just grow wheat :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)