AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 10 won't recognize the Keyboard or Mouse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 3/8/2020 22:07 (#8090604 - in reply to #8086519)
Subject: RE: Windows 10 won't recognize the Keyboard or Mouse

Coldwater, Michigan
We dropped the drive into one of my computers w/o my drive in it. Bios would recognize the drive, USB Ports open. It would try to go into windows 10, go into repair mode, not get it done, and restart to Safe mode, still not get started.

I hooked it up as a slave drive in my other computer after hitting it with virus cleaner, defrag, and file repair. Not anything found out of ordinary. So while I had it in slave mode I copied the Quickbooks file totally onto a flash drive included the backup files. When the guy came back an hour later I showed him where some of the other files were that seemed to me of some interest for the organization. Told him to copy those over to another drive and showed him how.

They still need to decide what to do with current computer (Replace with something newer and put WIndows 10 in it), then either talk Intuit into helping them get in their copy of Quickbooks 2019, or purchase a new 2020. There are a number of MS Office files on there also, so a new copy of that might be in order.

Once they get the files off of the drive they want I would probably kill the drive and throw it in the trash after a healthy swat with a hammer. If they want to use the old Tower, great! I would tend to start over totally.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)