AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere Parts Cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NH8970
Posted 3/17/2009 15:48 (#647511 - in reply to #647474)
Subject: RE: Deere Parts Cost

Gilby,ND
I understand your situation, as far as the oil, we buy everything in bulk and the JD bulk oil is same price as other oils bulk. If you buy it in pails they really jack up the price.

Last year we bought a 630 header and the drum ended up cracked, they sold us one at cost and that was around $2000 , so i called the local dealership playing dumb and asked how much the same thing was, he told me $3750, Now i understand markups but seriously, all they had to do was order it, unload it and then load it on my trailer and they wanted $1750. We buy a lot of our parts aftermarket from shoup or westerward products, seldom buy from deere unless they are ones that have it. As far as aftermarket, mostly i see them as just as good, since after all deere buys most of there parts not make them, so i see no difference. When a bearing from deere, in a deere box has china, or japan stamped into it. I can buy the same bearing at bearings and drives cheaper with USA stamped into it. I think ill choose the good old US of A product.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)