AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean oil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/6/2020 15:20 (#8025007 - in reply to #8024810)
Subject: the poision is in the dosage

Pittsburg, Kansas
I would be suspect of mice studies. Mice studies are where we get some of the "meat causes cancer" type results. Mice studies are good as preliminary research to see if human research needs to be initiated. But drawing human conclusions from them is where we have gotten a bunch of bad science recomendations. Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.

That being said, I do see concerns with excessive amounts of the high Omega 6 oils. It appears the problems may have a lot to do with the ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6. We get way too much Omega 6 and way too little Omega 3.

We have also changed to lard, olive, coconut and avacado oils in our daily use. I'm not too concerned about getting some when eating out, etc. But all the use in things like salad dressings where large amounts can be consumed........well we either just use vinegar, salt and pepper or when we are at home and eat out we actually take our own salad dressing made from half avacado half olive oil, apple cider vinegar and Itallian spices.

"The poision is in the dosage" I think could be very applicable in this situation. Not that it is so horribly bad, but that like sugar is horribly bad in high doses. I think cutting back on both is wise.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)