AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need a new router, which one???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

gemarsh
Posted 1/29/2020 08:48 (#8007864 - in reply to #8007606)
Subject: RE: I need a new router, which one???

Central NE
I had to upgrade the router for 1gb fiber speeds last year also. I chose the Netgear Nighthawk RAX80. No problems with it. 1gb service to my networking closet, router is on top of cabinet. From there it services a 1gb 48 port switch and on a normal day, there are 2 Ring doorbells, a frig, stove and dishwasher, washer and dryer, sump pump alarm, 3 garage doors, 12 smart outlets and a thermostat all running on the guest wifi network. After hours, there could be 3 phones and a couple of laptops on my closed wifi network.

1641 sq ft main floor with 1641 finished basement. 2g wifi is no problem in the far corners, 5g not so much. I can barely get a 2g signal 250 foot away at the quoncet.

The switch does the heavy loads, but the router still supplies the speed. Old house, we would have to reboot the Linksys router and cable modem once a week, or more. And not near the coverage on a 2100 sq ft house, including the second story. Haven't rebooted this router, but one time for firmware update, in 4 months.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)