AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Copier/Printer/Scanner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/16/2020 14:38 (#7978742 - in reply to #7978630)
Subject: RE: Copier/Printer/Scanner

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I used to be of the "buy higher end as it will be worth it in the long run" school of thinking, but I've changed my mind. With my rather modest printing needs (some days I don't print at all), the el cheapo models from WalMart have served me well. They sell them cheap and make it up on the cartridges. The original cartridges are often only good for a limited number of pages. That being said they have worked out well for me. I have an HP Envy at the moment. The ink cartridge consists of a new print head so you are getting some of the wear items when you replace it. It communicates wirelessly with my desktop computer and iPad. It can copy and scan also.

I participate in their ink program. With this program you sign on at a given level of pages/month. You are charged a flat rate per month. If you go over your plan limit you are charged extra for the pages you go over. If you do not use all your pages in a month they carry forward. The printer communicates with HP via the Internet so they know how many pages you have printed and send the proper black or color cartridge before yours run out. This is maybe more expensive than buying spare cartridges at a store or online but is very handy. I am in at the base level which is 50 pages/month for $3.21/month. This means that my yearly cost for ink is $38.52. If I am close to going over my limit, I receive an email from them warning me of this. Sometimes I can just wait with the printing job until the next month to avoid the overage charge. The include a return postage paid bag to send the spent cartridge back to them.

This program is not for everyone but I'm happy with it.

Edited by tedbear 1/17/2020 05:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)