AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

in loving memory
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

95h
Posted 3/12/2009 08:47 (#641315 - in reply to #641156)
Subject: Re: in loving memory

Kittitas Co. Wa. State
One Grandpa got fried on a highvoltage transmission line he was working on, he smoked, drank, womanized, etc,,
Other Grandpa smoked, and chewed at the same time, smoked cigars, pipe, drank 2-3 shots whisky daily. Lived well, raised a family, make dang good living. Died in his mid 90's from literally eating himself to death. Was a trim health person till his mid 80's then got "bored" after Grandma died and ate and ate and ate. Shot up to over 300 lbs, Doubled his weight. When in his 80's Doctor told him he had the heart, lungs, and body of a 50 year old, but he way over ate. Doctor even told him he was going to kill himself with his eating habits. And, it eventually did, he was so fat he fell in a tight spot, couldn't roll over and couldn't get up he was in his 90's.

Women who have never smoked die from breast cancer. People who never smoked die from all sorts of stuff. The flip side is living a nice long life and wind up getting dementia and living like a plant in a nursing home somewhere not knowing or remembering anything even your own name.

"Without those cigs he would probably be around today." Only a suposition. There's been studies that 1/3 of people who get cancer never smoked a day in thier life.

My Dad died and not from smoking which he did his entire life. He got some weird disease that affects litterally 1 person in over 1 million people. Some of the best Doctors in the state mis-diagnoised it for couple'a years, finally one Dr. did figure it out.

The entire medical community say's the biggest hazzard to health is people getting and staying FAT !! People don't exersise and they eat like Lumber Jacks cutting down trees with an axe. There are all sorts of diseases people contract from being fat and their long term and not reversable.

The Medical community does some studies about one issue of another then they promote their findings about what malady is killing everyone. PR. campaigns, etc.. I bet you , You have always heard or known about aids your entire life. I lifed about 1/3 of my life before it was even heard of or known. "Kids" today stand a much better chance of dying from obesity and related probems than most any other medical problem.

When I was growing up, a Fat person was incredibly rare sight to see. Almost nobody was fat by any stretch of the imagination. Now it's 1/3 of society that is overweight?

Life does not come with any warrentee. There is a pleathora of maladies that might effect anyone. Even the Medical community doesn't know of any specific lifestyle of living your life will guarentee long life. Some folks don't even get a "fair start" in life, they are born with medical issues they work with, around, or overcome to live life to their fullest potential.

And that is all any one can do, life their life to their fullest potential.. It's been said, Life well, love deeply, play hard, and enjoy life to the best of your ability.

You've done some very good things in your life, feel a real sense of accomplishment for your efforts and wish your Grandpa was here. I fully understand that and wish too you could share that with share that with him.

I don't understand why people don't exersise and eat way more than they really need to these days.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)