AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Homebrew bin controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Duane in ND
Posted 11/25/2019 07:53 (#7867439 - in reply to #7867426)
Subject: RE: Homebrew bin controller

North central North Dakota

Original Greaser Bob - 11/25/2019 07:46 You are very wise to buy off of eBay or Amazon since that charlatan is simply putting his sticker on the Sonoff product. I had my suspicions so I went to his website and watched a YouTube video embedded there. Turns out he is the creator of the Bullseye controller and sold the company to GSI about 3 years ago. I have a Bullseye and have always thought it was an overpriced, difficult to operate, pile of crap, but he has now taken his snake oil to the next level. Looking through his products... He has the Sonoff TH16, which you can pick up on Amazon for $19 with the sensor, wired in a cord, and he is selling it for $195.00. He MIGHT have $30 in it. Best part is, these Sonoff devices are not exactly UL approved the way you end up wiring them up. I have a TH16 with the temp/humidity sensor. I bought it last winter. I use it in my bathroom to control a small heater. The temperature part still works but the humidity sensor died sometime through the summer. And he is expecting that thing to survive out in the elements.

What app are you using with the TH16?  I thought someone smarter than me could come up with an app that has the equilibrium moisture content of grains in it and then use that with the TH16.  I thought of raspberry pi's or similar but see that may be harder to work with.  Arduino products may be the next best simplest to start with for controls.  I get a bit overwhelmed when I look at Automation Directs website and see all the directions I can go with their products also. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)