AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thunderbird profile ... now I'm REALLY confused
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Carl In Georgia
Posted 3/2/2009 04:44 (#628466 - in reply to #628390)
Subject: RE: Thunderbird profile ... now I'm REALLY confused

Ashburn, GA, (very close to Heaven!)
Yes, I think you are right in your assumption about copying only the contents. I went to my machine and took a look at my Thunderbird Account Settings there. From the Local Folders option, my email is stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\Carl Hobbs\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\m0x781gm.default\Mail\Local Folders"

The "m0x781gm.default" folder on my machine will default to a new name on another Thunderbird installation on a different computer.

I am not so sure about an easy way of transferring address book, so I exported it from the address book itself and imported it on the new machine.

I had some mail on my old computer that I wanted to bring to the new computer, without bringing all the mail over, and without overwriting the email on the new computer. I created a subfolder in my inbox called "TransferIN" and moved all the desired emails to that folder. I then went to new computer and set up a subfolder called "TransferIN". Close Thunderbird, and use your jump drive to manually transfer those emails from one computer to the other. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)