AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lent starts in a few days
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

White Gold
Posted 2/23/2009 02:47 (#619459 - in reply to #619399)
Subject: RE: Lent starts in a few days

South Plains of Texas
He started out 08 like he always did. He went on a trip with his wife and a couple of friends. While gone he got sick and just felt bad so they came home early to find out he had pneumonia. This lasted for the whole month of Jan. , just couldn't seem to get better. Finally in Feb. he started to feel better getting his strength back every day. He would drive out to the farm and he couldn't do any of the winter tillage that he normally did because of the drought. His wife and him started planning their annual trip to with his mother and all of a sudden she died. He was heartbroken because he loved his mom so much.
With his heart finally healing a little he began the process ofputting in the crops, the prospects looking so good because the prices so high. He planted his cotton and peanuts on the irrigated first. They came up and things looked really good. The dryland still hadn't recieved any rain but it was only May and there was still hope. Well May came and went with no rain. June was also just as dry. Finally at the end of June he recieved a little rain, not enough for the cotton on the dryland to come up but it also brought with it hail, actually more hail than rain. He hooked up the planter and started planting grain sorghum on the hailed out ground and went ahead and planted all of the dryland hoping there was enough moisture to get it up. Having to plant it really deep to get under the yellow herbicides. Miracle of miracles there was enough moisture to sprout the seed. July the 4th came and along with it hard rain. Well the herbicides were washed down killing the grain so he started replanting hoping that there would be a late freeze. The grain started growing and really started looking good. Not being a grain farmer but not wanting to have to pay a huge harvesting bill while his employees set around he bought a used combine and trucks. Things were looking good, then the prices started tumbling. Then Sept. brought cool dry weather, not what the Dr. ordered. Then the first of Oct. it froze early. The crops after planting from the end of April to the middle of July three times across all the acres were worse than terrible. Man he was glad 08 was over.
Bad story huh? Well its mine. and yes I do thank God every day because he gives me hope. I know that whatever happens here on earth he will see me thru and it will always work out in the end. He is the reason I have what I have and I am what I am. He has blessed me so much more than I deserve, and continues to do so. I had a wonderful Mom and he was able to show me how much by how many people came to her funeral. He also showed me how many friends my wife and I have by how many showed up to comfort us thru the whole ordeal. He teachs me to not cry about the storms, but learn to dance in the rain. I hope God Blesses you all like he has me and my family. Ty
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)