AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimbe Ag : Guidance Line - Row Crop Cultivating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 7/13/2019 16:26 (#7612644 - in reply to #7603539)
Subject: RE: Trimbe Ag : Guidance Line - Row Crop Cultivating

This has sat for several days unanswered, and I am not versed with at TMX, but AM on an FMX, so I hesitated to reply.

The only way that I know of to do what you are asking is to record a line for every pass as you drive. Either way, you will run out of memory and sanity keeping all of the lines straight. This can be done with Free Form and Curve patterns. Free form EATS memory in an FMX.

From my FMX experience, I can tell you that as recorded lines, without adding straight sections where recording is turned off and a straight line is then snapped, will give poor results at best. When an AP or the like follows an as recorded line, it is usually jerky (curve smoothing helps but not too much), even with terrain compensation, because it records every little jog the machine makes, then replays it as it drives. I have had to create Headlands as I plant and following them again later for side dressing is hit or miss at best. Pre recorded Headlands with AB's work best for my situation.

I am surprised you are getting satisfactory results with SBAS/WAAS, the signal is not accurate at all for repeatability and is know to drift through the day. I'm glad you are.

As far as desktop solutions, I don't think Farm Works will do what you want either. The line3 management is poor at best in my limited experience. The eggheads at Farm Works don't (or at least didn't used to) have access to an FMX to even test what they produce for it.

My understanding is that unless it's recording a line for you the monitor doesn't record where you are going, only the coverage based on the GPS signal quality and measurements entered in the monitor for dimensions. To record where you went to be able to follow the line again, you need to actually record the line. An AB line, it only records the A and B points, then does the math based on dimensions to create all lines. A curve or Free Form, it records a series of points, the connects the dots as it follows the line.

It would be news to me (pleasant I might add) if Farm Works were smart enough to do what you are wanting to do.

I side dress following AB lines, A+ lines and Headland lines. Where I deviate when planting (such as a wet spot), then follow that line when side dressing, I must manually follow what is planted with the steering wheel. The AP could care less what the coverage map says.

My reasoning why I don't believe it possible is that to record every line with data points accurate enough to follow each individual swath would require FAR too much memory. I believe repeatability would be difficult at best. As far as doing it through Farm Works, I don't think Trimble cares enough to actually try to do what you are asking. Measurements of the implement and tractor would have to be extremely accurate I bet to make it work with any real world accuracy. I also bet it would require recording with a sub inch accurate signal.

Maybe I'm completely wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)