AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimbe Ag : Guidance Line - Row Crop Cultivating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cwrisley
Posted 7/8/2019 13:58 (#7603539)
Subject: Trimbe Ag : Guidance Line - Row Crop Cultivating

Upstate New York
Hi Everyone,
Just getting started with trimble tmx-2050 and Ez-pilot (on SBAS/WAAS) and did a little planting and muddled through setting up some headland and AB lines. In the FMX+ app. Still learning, but wanted to see if this scenrio was possible and if I am on the right track.

The Ask: Is it possible to create guidance lines based on your 'coverage/as applied' jobs? I used a 6 row to plant, and I would like to follow the same exact path with a 6 row cultivator.

I'm using trimeble ag desktop (farmworks) and I see I can turn on 'row crop management', I think this gets me close, but I'm not connecting the dots somewhere.

Story: So, with all of the wet weather, I would have to disengage ez/pilot (and coverage switch) during some of the AB lines, and not follow the straight AB lines. Like when i approached a wet hole, I would drive around it (while still planting). When I go to row cultivate, I would like to create guidance lines that would follow the same path as planted. So my planting tened to follow some of the AB Lines, Some of the headlands and some of it just all over the place...

I imported the planting jobs into FW, I created a 'multi swath line' layer, and trying to create an 'as applied' but I can't 'pull' in the path from the planting job to create the lines....any ideas or thoughts. This would be slick if I could pull this off.

*side note, I did use the AB lines where I could when cultivating and it worked perfect. I spun around and watched the brillion 6 row cultivator and our retrofitted finger weeder on one of the rows to see how it worked, and I could focus on what was going on in the back, as opposed to not trying to just steer and wipe out the plants!

(2019-07-08_14-54-57 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2019-07-08_14-54-57 (full).jpg (132KB - 9 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)