AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand coverage map
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/6/2019 05:53 (#7599578 - in reply to #7598951)
Subject: RE: Incommand coverage map

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The idea of using a generic name for the spray product for an entire field and then using regions for the different treatments is what I did when I was using an Insight to run my sprayer. The idea of a reference background map where auto swath would consult it as well as the current map was not available for the Insight. This became available with the Integra and now the InCommand 1200 at least.

I have done this in a soybean field where I sprayed the ends and part of the field with a weed killing product but then stopped and dumped in a another product. I carried Headline with me and did a little math to decide at what point I should dump in the Headline so the rate of the resulting combo mixture would be correct. In other wards a section of the field had the "spiked" mixture.

I used a generic name for the product and had one region named "With Headline" and the other "Without Headline". Auto swath worked properly and the coverage and rate maps were correct for the entire field. I printed out a region map with SMS where the two treatments were different colors and hand carried this with me in the combine. I even wrote the Lat/Lon of the edges of the treated region on the paper so that I could confirm the location when harvesting. This allowed me to make a judgement while harvesting. SMS could also be used to analyze the results after harvesting.

Oh by the way, that year at least, there was no yield increase due to the Headline.

Edited by tedbear 7/6/2019 05:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)