AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand coverage map
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/4/2019 16:53 (#7597396 - in reply to #7595726)
Subject: RE: Incommand coverage map

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
When planting and switching varieties there is no problem. When spraying and switching products midfield, a new map is started so auto swath would not check on the coverage map for a previous product. If the ends and part of the field were done with Product A, auto swath would work as desired. When switching to Product B, the coverage map is not shown and auto swath would not shut off on the ends based on Product A.

As the previous posts mention, the trick is to load a reference map for Product A. Then auto swath will shut off where Product A or Product B has been sprayed. Devin mentions that you can only use one reference map at a time which is true.

If the ends and possibly part of the field was sprayed with Product A, no problem yet. Then switch to Product B and use Product A for the reference map. No problem either since auto swath will shut off if it sees that the current product (Product B) or the reference Product (Product A) has been sprayed in an area and shut off if either has been sprayed.

Now switch to Product C. You might want to use Product A AND Product B as references but that isn't allowed. In most situations just use Product A as the reference again. That way auto swath will shut off for the ends which were sprayed with Product A. It will not shut off if you drive over an area sprayed with Product B but that seems unlikely to happen. I guess if you got to an area where Product B was used on the ends, then the reference could be changed to it. If you are spraying Product C but have Product A on one end and Product B on the other you will have to shut off the sections yourself on one end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)