AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2019 mud fest (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

blacksand
Posted 6/17/2019 07:12 (#7563857 - in reply to #7561387)
Subject: RE: 2019 mud fest (pics)

South Dakota
I can't believe some of the comments. Everyone I've talked to has experienced the same thing this year in this area. With that said, you go 10 miles east of me and there are hills all the way to the Iowa border and they got their crops in mostly on time. 99% of the corn planted in this area went in after the PP deadline. We had tractors get stuck 4 times. Everyone I talk to got stuck this year, we're working our tails off trying to get something done. I'd rather work for my paycheck than take the PP, do nothing and go complain about the weather down at the coffee shop. I think the thing that triggered everyone is the 24 row planter and tracks, nothing sets the coffee shop crowd off more than success. you hear it all the time in small towns "must be nice for that guy to have a new pickup," or "must be nice to have a 24 row planter." I'm happy when I see someone succeed. Built a new house, good for you. bought a new combine, glad to see you succeed. There are far too many bitter and jealous people in this world. This thread exemplifies the problem. A dude posts pictures where he's fighting the good fight, making it happen, working his ass off to get the job done, but then the internet coffee shop crowd explodes with judgement and jealousy... Classic.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)