AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plan B--side dressing N
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jalopy
Posted 6/17/2019 17:33 (#7564945 - in reply to #7562743)
Subject: RE: Plan B--side dressing N

NC IA
Well I paid my buddy Phil in Iowa Falls a visit at 7:30 this morning and he hooked me up with blank caps, drop tubes, and orifice discs, was two tubes short and used hydraulic hose on the end ones (I think hyd hose would work well for all of them), and was unhooked from planter, back onto sprayer boom and had the drops on and spooled up & running before noon. Didnt have as good of a day as you Dan, got rained out at 4 pm. Did 60” spacing, no y drops. I’m sure not Agtalk approved, but I was looking for speed of assembly. I’ll nickname it “combat” side dressing. 250 bu corn is out the window anyway, right? 60’ is definitely faster than 20’, and no coulters with these conditions and weather will be huge. Thanks again Dan for your post.

Side note, this is my worst looking field of corn, i’m Not very proud of it, surrounding neighbors conventional till all looking much better, but hopefully it will come around. I normally do dry 2x2, usually gives my no-till a boost, but I left the openers off this year and just banded the dry on top because I didn’t want to fight them in the mud. Sure has made for some slow growing corn.

Edited by jalopy 6/17/2019 17:58

(6141B616-1FCF-48AD-A5CB-847DD4C3C524 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 6141B616-1FCF-48AD-A5CB-847DD4C3C524 (full).jpeg (226KB - 19 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)