AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How far is too far to road a tractor home? (600 mile)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GT500KR53
Posted 6/14/2019 06:39 (#7558177 - in reply to #7557964)
Subject: RE: I got the big pickup and trailer but the Nebraska jackboots put the skeer in me

nebraska
Jim Ed Love - 6/13/2019 11:32

Went to Adams Nebraska Sunday night-Monday to bring back a feed wagon.
Crossed state line from Kansas on US 75 and no more than got across the border and there was a sign that said Scales ahead--All trucks and pickups with trailers
must stop. It was two thirty in the morning and I was going to blow on thru and plead missed the sign. A little piece on down the road, sign said scales closed but I was
a sweatin it I guaranty you.

Anyhow, never heard of such a thing. I guess up North they take things different. Got me double thinking about just going into unknown lands. I went with an old boy
up North with a load of caprine in December and we did not have CDLS but that was livestock and we had Wagon burner tags on.

If you have a smart phone install " truckers path". It's a free app that lets you look at all the scales before you get to them if they are open or not,,. It also tells you how long ago the last truck driver was through there and reported it open or closed so you can judge how accurate it is,,
It however 'doesn't' include portable scale locations!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)