AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip Till Bar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CyclonesNWIA
Posted 6/12/2019 19:00 (#7555521)
Subject: Strip Till Bar

Over the last three years we have had some acres strip tilled for us and like the results of it, so we are looking at purchasing our own bar. We have had a Krause Gladiator and a Soil Warrior do the work previously, and have been happy with both. Recently we were told about a Wako bar out of Oklahoma, and have some interest in that, but don't know many people that have run one.

We would use the bar to make some fall strips, and some spring strips, for arguments sake, I would say half and half. Some of our acres would be applying dry product as that is most easily available over liquid. Some acres would be just making strips to plant into as there will be hog manure applied. We don't apply any NH3, but I could see that if we wanted to do any custom work, being able to apply it would open up some more options.

Thinking it would be either a 12 row or a 16 row. If you have run any of the above, or have another recommendation, I would appreciate it. Also, what tractor are you using to pull your bar with.

Thanks,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)