AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tedding today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 6/11/2019 09:45 (#7553085 - in reply to #7552788)
Subject: RE: tedding today

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Direct Injected - 6/11/2019 06:40 Jim do you ever spread your mower out into a swath vs windrow? I would think doing that you could skip the tedding if your planning to wrap. Also what model# is your Tedder?

I don't like driving on wet hay especially very heavy wet hay. Our heavy clay ground is still very wet. Note Matt getting his self propelled mower stuck.  I have my JD630 moco set in midposition. This leaves a windrow I can straddle with my tractor tires set wide. This hay is so heavy and wet that even spread wider the stuff on the bottom is not going to dry much if at all in 24 hrs which is my goal.  I am also not about to buy another rake and need to goi a bit faster with the baler. Just raking the moco windrows did not work well in this heavy wet late first crop. It might work on 2nd or 3rd.

This is a Krone 6 basket mounted tedder, KW 7.82/6x7 = 7.82 m wide with (6) 7-tine baskets. As in the picture above, it fits (3) 10 ft windrows very well without driving on hay. I would have liked a pull type but the mounted was much less expensive when I traded.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)