AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Semi with AMT tranny for harvest?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 6/11/2019 06:54 (#7552814 - in reply to #7552627)
Subject: RE: Semi with AMT tranny for harvest?

Callao Missouri

Getting to where the kids couldn't drive a pickup with a clutch, let alone a semi. As an employer this boils my goat!!!!!!!!

Teach the kids how to properly drive a pickup with a clutch & a semi. You never know when you will need that skill. What if there was a accident and the only way to transport someone to medical attention was an F350 with a ZF6 in it. Would you want that on your kids heart that some didn't make it to the hospital in time because they could not proficiently drive a manual? What if they are the ones that caused the accident because they couldn't proficiently drive a manual?

What if you tell your kids to move the semi and they forget to set the brake when they get out and it roles off down the hill? Teach them, It will make them some of the safest drivers on the road. But if you half ass it say here is an auto loader boys go to town they are no better than the soccer mom putting her makeup on going down the road in the mini van.

Before I trip and fall off my soap box Im going one more direction: Teach your kids how to back up. It is unbelievable the amount of individuals young and old that cannot back up. Back up using the mirrors don't stick your head out the window looking backwards like a fool. You never know when you might take a wrong turn down a gravel road and get a half mile down to find there is no place to turn around. You need to bee able to back up your rig 1/2 mile +. A masters in backing up will include 1000g Nh3 tanks, backing one up to hook onto another. Once again its easy with practice but someone has to teach them.

Some of you will say these things are a lost art or a no longer needed skill. I say you are contributing to the pusification of America if you believe that, Good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)