AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you look like a farmer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jim Dandy
Posted 6/9/2019 17:46 (#7550044 - in reply to #7549321)
Subject: RE: Do you look like a farmer?

NW Illinois Stephenson county
When I'm working I rally don't care how I look. I try to wear what I'm most comfortable due to work climate or weather conditions. When I go to town I usually wear a clean pair of blue jeans and a T shirt. If I have an emergency parts run I go as I am unless covered with manure. I went to a community college in my mid 30's. Only way fellow students knew I was a farmer was if they asked. I was glad that I did not smell like manure ( I was milking 60 cows at the time and cropping 240 acres of crops). One girl said "we don't need farmers, we can import all our food", she was trying to get a rise out of me. My lab partner in physics lab took the question. He had been in the military 5 years mostly in the Philippines. He told her she did not know what she was saying. The Army takes their food with them and if she saw what some people around the world eat, she would go hungry.

At times I must look like a slug or grunt, because a feed salesman stopped and started asking me about me. I answered all his questions truthfully, but I did not add that I was me (the farmer) A few days later he came back and apologized profusely for making that mistake!

(DSCF0115 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCF0115 (full).jpg (109KB - 272 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)