AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No-til complete chemical cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 6/7/2019 06:09 (#7545705 - in reply to #7545401)
Subject: RE: No-til complete chemical cost

ecmn
In corn I'd be coming back in at V2 V3 with the cover crop. So even if the effect of the Rye War off would still have the cover crop to hold weeds back. If it works for organic guys why can't it work for us?

Other benefits? Benefits of long-term soil Health practices are greatly reduced fertility input costs, more timely planting and harvest, less dependence upon the weather, can handle the varying weather conditions better, pretty much eliminate chemical cost, less erosion , actually building Rich fertile topsoil, a lot less weed pressure , don't have money tied up in tillage equipment, don't have to fight mud in the spring don't have to fight mud in the fall for the most part there's always extremes. I'm a couple fields that I've done so oil Health practices we get a 2-3 inch rain event and in a day or two I'm out there if I have to be out there. I can pretty much guarantee nobody else in the neighborhood can say that. Oh they'll say stupid things like I have different soil. Weight of the soil has no bearing upon success of soil Health, it works on all ground.

Look at the video I posted last week about Hauling manure this spring on a soil health field versus a conventional field. I was Hauling manure on a soil health field before anybody else could even do tillage. How much is it worth to a guy to be able to plant more consistently from year to year? On a year like this how much is it worth to be able to just plant.

Edited by easymoney 6/7/2019 06:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)