AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market is saying to put the planter in the shed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

coup
Posted 6/5/2019 06:14 (#7542150 - in reply to #7542137)
Subject: RE: Throw good money after bad

USA
Boone & Crockett - 6/5/2019 05:01

coup - 6/5/2019 05:46

Baby Robin - 6/4/2019 22:45

Coup- I am probably the last person to reply to your thoughts in this situation but I guess that I might be that dumb also and will admit it

I buried my WT Patriot in a wet seep early last week.... I tried rocking it out back and forth maybe 3 times and only went deeper with each move..... Should have quit after the first back and forth....

An old, now ex-landlord, reminded me that there are times when we all need to realize that stopping is in the best interest of their current situation. He used the term, "throwing good money after bad". Everyone's situation is different with different risk management attitudes and thresholds for risk.

I am guessing that many of us still planting corn/attempting to plant corn are basically cattle feeders -betting on the come...... This year feels "off" to me. I don't know why but it just does and I do NOT have a multitude of crops to base this on. I wish now that the V2 - early v3 corn I sprayed yesterday was 107-108 day CRM instead of 113-114. Corn Can make up time but it needs heat & Lots of heat... Yesterday! But, ironically, 90 plus degree days with lots of sun are only going to aggravate the muddled in corn and soybeans as the top bakes to a crisp..... So, I am left with rooting for lots of heat at the detriment to you all out east.

As a fellow gambler, I would just encourage everyone to have a trigger point sale price in mind to lock in the anticipated bushels from this late planted corn. Too many times in my short career have I bet on the come, expended the energy and assumed the risk, and resulted in taking a lower revenue because I didn't sell to lock in the "anticipated" profit.

Just me. I appreciate your thoughts and insights; This was never meant to be taken in ill jest.

Told some people week and half ago when they were debating about planting corn and what to do. Said we are planting for crop ins now, I would be dragging the planter across if possible Bad way to farm, but with type of Ins money on the table vs not planting doing nothing, is a big money looser.

Have a had a 4 wheel sprayer with 150 gal tank stuck before posting corn years ago more than once. Finally had to put 75 gal @ time on to get through the wet spots. Never got stuck after that. Pain in the hind end filling up ever 10 acres, but finally got it done.

I always thought You always thought You were the smartest guy in the room when it comes to running a calculator. You obviously still believe it. Arrogant pricks tell people, helpful souls suggest. Which category do you suppose you qualify for?

Sounds like you are one of those that can't handle the truth unless it is sugar coated. Probably be best if you ignore what I post so you as not to get your delicate feathers ruffled.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)