AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market is saying to put the planter in the shed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

coup
Posted 6/5/2019 05:57 (#7542132 - in reply to #7542006)
Subject: RE: Market is saying to put the planter in the shed

USA
Clay SEIA - 6/4/2019 23:08

I haven't quit.  I still intend to plant some corn, if the next week gives two decent days for the pig poop to get hauled on those farms, and enough time to work the ground and let it air off enough to plant well.  I'll probably plant beans at least 5 days past the insurance date, IF I can do so in decent conditions.  I won't plant into some of the awful conditions I have in other late springs for a soybean bid that is over a dollar less than the spring RMA price.  And I won't be an arrogant prick who berates other people hundreds of miles away for making different decisions than I do.

Not berating anybody. But I do know how to make lemonade out of lemons.

What does harvest price have to do with anything if a person is sure they are going to have an ins claim. You were going to plant beans before weather throw a monkey wrench into things and thought the spring price was acceptable.

Plant the beans, if you get lucky maybe will get to replant @ $103 acre. Pretty cheap ins @ $.65 acre in this part of the country to get too that level type of replant on beans.. Am guessing cost for your part of the country is about the same.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)