AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Illinois Indiana Ohio… Game over
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kagen
Posted 6/2/2019 15:09 (#7537490 - in reply to #7536808)
Subject: RE: Illinois Indiana Ohio… Game over

Panhandle of Ne.
indeeppigfarmer - 6/2/2019 08:28

Too many row croppers can't see out further than the end of their nose. The corn carryout, while a big number, was marginal/tight on a stocks/usage perspective. Not having enough production to keep all usage industries intact will be short term good for grain sales and long term have some negative effects.

This fall there will be moaning and groaning about export levels that suck, and imports filling the holes in our production if the weather situation doesn't improve.

Likewise, a lot of livestock producers don't care to see that not all corn producers can survive on 3.25 - 3.50 corn. An irrigated farmer can have another 50-125 per acre COP and here with our property taxes it's closer to an additional 150 per acre. Not everyone can average 225-275 BPA like s lot do.

Besides that, I figured that all livestock producers raised there own feed so they didn't have to mess with the lowly " row cropper". Since I had a feedlot manager tell me quite awhile ago after buying a bunch of farmland that he didn't know why in the he!! he bought the land when a dumb arse farmer will raise corn for less than breakeven and sell it to him for a dime over the elevator was paying.

I used to think we were all in this together, apparently not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)