AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Camera from Larsen Lights and old Android
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/31/2019 07:23 (#7533067 - in reply to #7532451)
Subject: RE: Camera from Larsen Lights and old Android

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Nate B. - 5/30/2019 21:41

I'm guessing it is one of these two:

https://www.larsenlights.com/hd-wifi-camera-for-ipad-android
https://www.larsenlights.com/wifi-camera-for-ipad-android

The only trick I can see is matching the IP address subnet on the Android with that of the camera. I've not looked into setting a static address on Android, unless the camera includes a DHCP server!

The cameras I got from Larsen Lights are the first type. They can be used directly to a display such as an iPhone, iPad or most Android phones. This is where the camera becomes an Access Point and communicates directly with the display device without internet getting involved.

As mentioned earlier this process works fine with both my iPad and iPhone and the suggested CamHi App. I suspect they might work with others also. I do need to go into settings and select the Access Point referring to the camera I plan o working with. Once I am certain that the phone and the camera are communicating, I go into the App and I see the picture from the camera.

Yesterday I worked with the old Android phone a bit more. This is an old phone. It is the ZTE brand and was purchased from Wal-Mart to work with their Straight Talk plan. It actually worked quite well but I went with Apple a couple of years ago and dropped Straight Talk. This means the phone cannot be used to talk but other features still operate.

I was able to get this phone to recognize ech camera as an Access Point and the camera's name appears in my WiFi choices. The CamHi app that is suggested does not load on the Android phone probably because it is a limited or old version of the Android operating system. It is using 4.2.1. I have downloaded a different app which implies that it can work with cameras as Point to Point devices. This installed cleanly but I can't seem to get it to "search" for the phone which I have selected as the WiFi source.

Kenny Larsen is looking into this but has not gotten word back from his supplier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)