AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Camera from Larsen Lights and old Android
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/27/2019 13:31 (#7584658 - in reply to #7584191)
Subject: RE: Camera from Larsen Lights and old Android

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
First off I fully agree with those who say if you have to run a wire to the camera for power/ground anyway then you might as well use a wire for the picture. This is certainly true for many situations such as mounting a camera and viewing device in a combine or tractor/grain cart. If however, the camera is mounted semi-permanently and the viewing device is in a vechile such as a truck then the wire for the picture idea is not workable so wireless in necessary. This is my situation with the camera on a bin and the iPad/iPhone in the truck.

As to your question of distance I don't know that I can give you a solid answer. My first test was to mount mine on a guard post by my shop (the one in the picture) and drive away in my Ranger to check the distance. I was able to drive out of my dooryard and get almost to the neighbors before I lost the picture. Now this was an unobstructed line of sight between the camera and iPad. This would have been 2-3 thousand feet. The other day I had it on the grain bin and drove away with the truck around the bin where the line of sight was obstructed by other bins but it still had very good range. My limited experience is that the range is quite acceptable.

That being said, this arrangement would not be suitable to watch a grain dryer from the house or something of the like unless they are very close together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)