AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere versus Vermeer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Sprunk
Posted 5/24/2019 22:03 (#7519203 - in reply to #7519112)
Subject: RE: Deere versus Vermeer

SE ND
EATANGUS - 5/24/2019 21:27

I am wondering the pros and con on the 568 or 569 deere versus the Vermeer 605SM,605M or 605N balers. Here are a few key points I would like to here about.

Speed of baling
Baling short light crop which baler picks up better
Baling in wind
Heavy window baling
Getting a bale started
Loading net wrap
Wrapping time difference
Which would need more Hp
Corn stalk baling
And what ever else you guys care to share. TIA!

We run a 569 with 13K bales, bale around 6.5-8 in alfalfa if its smooth enough.

We rake everything ahead of the baler but two windrow raked together so light that you can't see the row and it cleans up the ground spotless.

Baling in wind is no different than calm I guess.

Sometimes we bale some rank heavy barley or alfalfa, two rows raked together fill the pickup, in dry hay no issues but tough hay you can't slam into it when starting a bale or you'll slug it but that's common sense.

Loading net is easy as pie as long as you follow the directions. Takes 2 minutes including in and out time if you're quick.

We run our rpm around 1500 or so, takes 30 sec to stop, wrap, and dump.

We run ours on an 8230 because we have hills and it's our only big 1000 PTO, but you could get by with a lot less on flat ground.

Baling cornstalks is no issue, belts will slip if they have frost on the stalks when trying to bale but it was baling them like that or dont get any bales.

We used to run 2 JD 535's with twine, I could easily keep ahead with the rake. I need to keep a good pace to keep ahead of the 1 569. Dont even bother getting one with twine IMO.
No experience with a Vermeer.

Edited by Sprunk 5/24/2019 22:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)