AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven NH3 cooler troubles. On/off valve won't open.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/16/2019 09:04 (#7499776 - in reply to #7499721)
Subject: RE: Raven NH3 cooler troubles. On/off valve won't open.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My only experience is with a Raven controller in that respect. I used to install a green and a red LED in the control circuit so I could watch it in operation. With a standard SLOW control valve the green would blink a few times to increase and the red a few times to decrease.

When a Raven was set to FAST then the green would blink a very short interval (motor is not geared down). After an increase was needed the system might show two-three short green blinks followed by a quick red blink. My suspicion is that this was done to prevent the valve from changing too much. Again none of that is necessary with a two valve system since the standard control valve uses gears to slow down the movement.

I don't know how the Trimble handles this but I would think it would need to give short 12V shots. Since these are very quick your meter may not be giving a true reflection of the situation.

Concerning your change and extension. I'm certain you have a Fast Close valve. Are the red/white power/ground wires for the valve getting power through the new extension?

Edited by tedbear 5/16/2019 09:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)