AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Edge - possible to use 30' guidance lines with 60' sprayer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Lone Cedar
Posted 5/10/2019 16:27 (#7489491)
Subject: Ag Leader Edge - possible to use 30' guidance lines with 60' sprayer?

SW Iowa
30' corn planter
60' sprayer
Use the same display (Ag Leader Edge) in both tractors.

Is there any possible way to use the saved guidance pattern from planting with the 60' sprayer and still have accurate coverage mapping?

When starting to spray a field, I normally make two 40' passes with one boom section off to cover 2.5 planter passes (75'), so after the first pass driving the guess row am driving same path as the planter (just every other pass)... but since going no till it's hard to distinguish the planter mark visually.

If I have the 60' sprayer configured in the display and try to load the guidance pattern from planting, it just says the width doesn't match and then kicks me back to the selection screen. The only way I have been able to get the display to let me load the planter guidance lines is by creating a 30' wide sprayer profile... that will line me up to the planter passes, but then obviously lose accurate mapping because it's only coloring half of what I actually cover so you can't see skips. Is there some sort of workaround?

In the next few days I'm going to need to spray a field with a whole bunch of different contour directions and odd patches necessary for rows to line up with terraces... so it would be rather useful to have accurate mapping. (Edge isn't running rate/sections so that isn't a consideration--but would like to be able to use the lightbar function to find planter passes AND also provide accurate 60'coverage mapping rather than have to choose one or the other.)

Perhaps as a secondary question, if this isn't possible on the Edge, is it possible on other Ag Leader displays? I recently purchased an Integra, which is in another tractor but I could possibly get set up with the sprayer if it would work better/differently than the Edge (and it's not too hard to get guidance patterns transferred over).

Edit: Planting was done primarily using SmartPath; do not have automated steering on planter tractor, so I drive off the marker mark for the most part... usingthe Edge for section control and variety mapping more so than guidance in the planter.

Edited by Lone Cedar 5/10/2019 16:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)