AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Orioles!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

PRNDL
Posted 5/10/2019 17:12 (#7489548 - in reply to #7489485)
Subject: RE: Orioles!

Texas & western Iowa

Datsmydog! - 5/10/2019 16:21

Any type of shallow dish works. I don’t like to put too much at a time because it draws ants. I bought a new feeder this year that has a cup for jelly and spikes for oranges. You can see it in the photo above

Ahhh, I see it now. Thank you very much. I'm going to need to try this. And putting out oranges is something I've never thought of either.

The normal daily visitors in my small town are white winged doves, mourning doves, blue jays, cardinals, etc. Spring and fall bring the unusual birds (for here). They'll stay from a few days to a few weeks. The painted and indigo buntings are the most spectacular. I even have parakeets show up once in a while. Lost pets I'm sure. 

I have a neighbor a couple of blocks north of me that has great horned owls nest in her backyard every spring. She has a 24 hour webcam on it and broadcasts on a facebook page. That's fun to watch. What makes it even more interesting is that the tree next to the owl nest has a tree duck nest box. And they seem to be ok in such close proximity......lol.

I've participated in the great backyard bird count several times. That's always fun and interesting.
http://gbbc.birdcount.org/

Thanks again for the helpful info..........

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)