AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader liquid module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/8/2019 07:16 (#7483163 - in reply to #7482847)
Subject: RE: Agleader liquid module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
MJS - 5/7/2019 23:12

I think you have to make a new configuration

Making a new configuration is the simple answer. There may be other ways but this should do the trick.

Making a new configuration was always an option when I worked as a tech. Most of the time this lead to a good outcome usually because I had made a mistake in a configuration.

This is not the case here since the old configuration was probably fine but it is always a "last ditch effort".

The Ag Leader system will allow you to create a new configuration for lots of things without having the modules actually physically present. That means I as a Tech could help a customer set up a configuration in the store for his combine, planter etc. At that point in time module serial numbers are NOT part of the configuration. If one would look at the configuration for the module serial number it would indicate "none assigned".

Once you try to actually use the configuration, the system looks at the CAN bus to determine if there are modules of the type needed available. If it finds extras that is not a problem unless there are two of the same type. In other words, it doesn't hurt to have other types of modules connected even if they are not going to be needed

If there is exactly one of each type needed, the system will note the serial number of the module(s) that were connected at that time and proceed. If it should find more than one module of a type that it could use it will ask the operator which one to use or if both are going to be used then which is which. This happens with a liquid machine that is connected to two liquid modules at the same time.

Once a configuration is used the serial number(s) are noted and the expectation is that these same serial numbers will be found from then on.

This can cause confusion when more than one module of the same type is available or when one is swapped for another. When I was using Insights as displays on my own farming operation, it was common to have a Insight in one tractor with a liquid module and another Insight in another tractor that was working with another liquid module. As long as each Insight was working with the liquid module that was first used with the configuration, everything was fine. If the liquid modules got swapped around because of using the other tractor, the configuration would refuse to load. This lead to a lot of confusion at first. I then "named" my liquid modules so I could keep them straight. Another option would have been to have a configuration in each Insight for each module.

Later Ag Leader improved this situation with the Integra and InCommands and now when a configuration is selected, the screen will give an indication of which modules it needs and found BUT more importantly which ones did not agree with the configuration. They may be missing or possibly have a different serial number that what was expected. The option to swap modules may appear allowing you to specify the "new" module. If this should work then the "new" serial number is noted. If the old module were to be reused then the process would need to be repeated.

In the most common scenario, one of each of the correct modules is on the CAN bus when the configuration is used the first time and those serial numbers are noted. From then on, the system checks for those serial numbers and things work fine. If modules get switched around the serial numbers wouldn't match which seems to be the situation here.

Creating a new configuration from scratch is often the solution although the reason for needing to do so may not seem obvious at the time.

Edited by tedbear 5/8/2019 10:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)