AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader liquid module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/8/2019 11:04 (#7483835 - in reply to #7483595)
Subject: RE: Agleader liquid module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
gemarsh - 5/8/2019 09:50

I don't understand how the Integra uses the liquid modules. I had my integra in the spra coupe and installed direct command system. It worked well.

I then got another sprayer and installed another direct command system, completely different machine, liquid module and configuration. Only the integra is swamped along with the guidance system.

Evertime I go to use the larger pre spray rig, the integra comes up with a window that says something like the liquid module does match, continue with this module? I choose the green check mark and it's off to the races.

Then I want to swap it into the spra coupe for post spraying and the same window comes up. Choose the green check mark and everything is fine.

This happens consistently.

I don't quite understand why that should be necessary. We are missing something here. I can see how this might have happened once but after you allowed the configuration to use the other liquid module that was appropriate on that machine, the new serial number should have then been assigned to that configuration and you should be good to go the next time you switch around.

Forcing you to accept the module the system found isn't really a problem but shouldn't be happening. I'm certain there is a logical explanation as to why this is happening.

Here's what I would do. Look at the modules and note the serial numbers on the label. Maybe even tag each module with a name like Spra Coupe or the other rig. Then create a new configuration from scratch while the Integra is in the Spra Coupe. When you try to use it, the first time, the system should look for a liquid module and note its serial number. As long as that module is connected when that configuration is chosen then everything should be fine.

Then when the Integra is in the larger rig create a new configuration from scratch for it. Again when you first try to use it there, the serial number of that liquid module would be noted. As long as that module is connected when that configuration is chosen the everything should be fine.

If you should happen to accidently pick the larger rig configuration while in the Spra Coupe, it will look for the serial number which would not match THAT configuration and ask if you wanted to change to what it found. If you should agree then when you go back to the larger rig, a mismatch occurs again because it was changed inappropriately to the other module.

If this is what happened just remember to choose only the configuration for the rig that you are actually working with. Choosing the configuration to the other rig will cause the system to look for the module serial number that is was told to work with before which may be incorrect.

I ran into this when I had two Insights in two tractors with two liquid modules that got moved around. With the Insight the display would not load if it didn't find a good match of serial numbers. I labelled my modules as NH3 and spray to keep them straight in my mind. Then when I moved them around I could make certain that the same one got reinstalled with the NH3 bar.

Edited by tedbear 5/8/2019 11:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)