AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pairing my new iPhone to my ipad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/19/2019 09:37 (#7504937 - in reply to #7480137)
Subject: RE: Pairing my new iPhone to my ipad

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have an iPhone 6 and iPad Pro with cellular. They each have their own phone number. They both have the same Apple ID and I am able to create and receive email on either device as well as my Win 10 desktop computer.

One day I had both the iphone and iPad in front of me and I received an incoming call. The iPhone rang as usual and the iPad made a sound as well. Today I tried the following: Had the GF call my cell phone number when I had both the iPhone and iPad in front of me. They both rang. I was able to talk to her through the iPad.

I then tried calling her from the iPad. I went into my contact list on the iPad and found her listing. It had choices for message, call or voicetime. I choose call. The iPad screen stated calling her name and it said using my iPhone. I was able to talk back and forth to her phone through my iPad.

It appears that I could use the iPad for calls instead of the iPhone at least if they are in close proximity of each other. Maybe the distance doesn't matter.

This wouldn't really come up too often but might be handy if I was doing an activity such as crop scouting with the iPad and didn't want to carry the iPhone with me. It might save a few steps if I got an incoming call and the iPad was closer than the iPhone. I don't expect I'll use this newly found feature that often but it does seem to work.

We did try a message direct to the iPad through its cellular number. This appeared as blocked on the sending device. However if the sending device used the iPhone number and sent a message it did go through and appeared on both the iPhone (which was called) and the iPad.

Edited by tedbear 5/19/2019 09:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)